Calling All Pastie Bakers
Lansing First United Methodist Church has been baking delicious pasties for many years! It takes many hands to make the magic (and, yes, lots of fun!) happen; and the baking event is planned carefully for delicious results every time. Please note we have adjusted the recent (and future) pastie bakes to accommodate the COVID-19 Pandemic: We socially-distance and wear our masks. Even so, in late August, we baked 347 pasties! The proceeds from the first pastie bake each year benefit the ministries of Lansing First United Methodist Women (UMW); the remaining pastie sale proceeds benefit the ministries of LANSING FIRST.
- Early risers [ERs] prepare the dough at 7:00 am
- Vegetable preparers [VPs] (onions, carrots, rutabagas, and potatoes) follow at 8:00 am.
- The filling mixers [FMs] have their way with the filling ingredients at 9:00 am,
- Holy rollers [HRs] begin assembling the pasties about 9:30 am.
Then we bake as we go until all pasties are baked and set out to cool.
- Baggers [BGs] return about 3:00 pm to bag the pasties and put them in the church freezers.
Future baking dates coming soon. Please email Jan Blough at email@example.com with any questions.